Digital Twin Consortium Announces Liaison with the Industrial Digital Twin Association
Working together to advance digital twin enabling technologies in industry
The Digital Twin Consortium® and the Industrial Digital Twin Association (IDTA) have entered into a liaison agreement to create and develop digital twin enabling technologies. The goal is to accelerate the adoption and monetization of digital twins.
Both organizations have agreed to the following:
- Collaborating on standardization requirements
- Enabling interoperability through discussions for harmonizing technology components and other elements
- Align work in horizontal domains for adoption within vertical domains and use cases, proof of concepts and Value Innovation Platform programs including
- Technology, Terminology and Taxonomy
- Security and Trustworthiness
- Conceptual, Informational, Structural and Behavioral Models
- Enabling Technologies, such as simulation and AI
- Technology stack across the Digital Twin Lifecycle
- Case Study development from initial concept through implementation and operational analysis
- Collaboration on open source projects, contributions, and reference implementations
“International cooperation and exchange beyond national borders are essential in the field of standardisation and synchronisation of technologies. This is vital if we are to guarantee long-term and sustainable development. We are therefore pleased that the partnership with DTC has been initiated,” said Dr. Christian Mosch, General Manager of IDTA.
“Digital Twin Consortium and IDTA share common goals,” said Dan Isaacs, CTO, Digital Twin Consortium. “We are excited about the opportunity to collaborate and work with the network of IDTA members to advance digital twin adoption and enabling technologies in the industry through open technologies.”
Digital Twin Consortium and IDTA will exchange information through regular consultations, seminars, and related activities.